Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WOOHOO!

So today, a lot of stuff happened - but it's 1am and I have to be up at 8, so I've gotta be quick.

First, we had breakfast at the hostel - mmm, toast! Haha there was not a lot to choose from, but hey, it was free! Then a guy named Fergus came to the hostel and picked up our group for a walking tour around Dublin. It was amazing! I'm falling in love with this city. We went to see the outside of Dublin Castle (GORGEOUS), and we saw some REALLY old illuminated Bible manuscripts (like, 150AD old) at the Chester Beatty library.




Then we went to a cafe for lunch (right next to the hotel where Handel's Messiah was performed for the first time EVER. That cafe had the absolute best hot chocolate I've ever had in my life. After lunch, we got to take a guided tour of Dublin Castle! That place was amazing. So many gorgeous rooms, paintings, and beautiful architecture! The chandeliers in particular caught my attention. There were so many, and they were so pretty!




And then, GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Dublin Castle has a complete listing of Irish Coats of Arms...and I got ours! It's being sent to the house - Mom, Dad, Liz, DON'T OPEN IT BEFORE I GET HOME!!! I cried when I found it, obviously. But they were happy tears, so it's ok!!!! I still almost can't believe it. My work here is done haha! Also, Liz and Andrea, I got you presents from the castle!


Then we celebrated the Laverys by doing an Irish click or two (that no Irish person probably ever does):


We're naturals, no?

Later, we came back to the hostel for dinner, and then about 7 people and I went to the Temple Bar - not just the area, the actual bar! It was awesome. Completely packed, but awesome. There was a band called Ladlane playing and they were amazing. I bought their CD, if anyone's interested in hearing it.



After the pub, we came back to the hostel and just hung out for a while, and now here I am! Time for bed...hopefully. These mattresses are like sleeping on concrete, and the pillows aren't much better. But I still love it here!

Love you all,
Amanda

(P.S. Pictures won't load, so I'll add them once I've had a chance to charge my computer. It's almost a goner!)

(P.P.S. Pictures are up, if you haven't noticed! 1/7/11)

4 comments:

  1. You are making traveling sound fun! This can't be more fun than the Washington trip!!? I finished painting the new office space today and we move in tomorrow:) We have a flood in Anoka, the lower level around the bathrooms is a mess! That's about all the excitement here, woo hoo yourself! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!!
    Can't wait to see pictures:)
    Sleep well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day, kid! I'm really excited to see your pictures and hear all about this. I shot about 450 pictures at the Inauguration for the new Sheriff (whose wife teaches at Bethel - Cheryl Bostrom) and stayed up very late for the past two nights to take photos at the two meet-and-greets the Sheriff had for the midnight shift. Actually, it was quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obviously having as much fun as you here in Jacksonville. Today I went to work... twice. I also wrote with sparkly pens whilst waiting for customers. Don't be jealous! Someday you'll have a fun adventure. Maybe a long time from now. Like when you're 60.

    ReplyDelete