Saturday, January 15, 2011

Free time!

Today was really fun, though it wasn't really what I expected it to be. This morning I woke up apparently much earlier than I needed to, and so I just hung out and did some homework and listened to music. When I found some other people who were awake enough to go out, we headed over to St. George's Market, which was really fun. There were a lot of antiques places, food stands, etc. It was basically a really big flea market (as if I'd know what a flea market was like! Haha). There, I found a present for Mom and Dad from one of the antiques guys :) It's awesome, even though I'm pretty sure we already have them.

After the market, we went shopping! We headed over to Victoria Square and looked around at some adorable little shops, got some clothes and gifts for people (I may have to buy more luggage for all my souvenirs...whoops!). It was really fun.

Then we went to lunch at this ADORABLE little cafe called Maggie May's. It was SO GOOD. I got what's called a 'full fry' which is an egg over easy, a pancake (AMAZING), sausage, bacon, potato bread, soda bread, some mushrooms and half a tomato. I couldn't finish it, because WOW that's a lot of food, but what I did have was SO GOOD. Yum. If those pancakes were all I could eat for the rest of time, I'd be fine with it.

Later a few of us went out. We started off at Lavery's for dinner, then we hopped around to a couple different pubs to see what was happening, and we ended up at this one pub called Bar Twelve, which was hilarious. Cougar city! It was so funny. There was a lot of Abba music going on there.

After Bar Twelve, we went back to the hostel, where we just talked for a while. All in all, a good day. The one thing I didn't get to do that I really wanted to do was to see the Titanic dry docks. I was really looking forward to that, but it was raining and apparently a mile and a half walk, so no one else wanted to go. I'll just have to come back again to see it! I could see Ireland being my vacation spot of choice for the next, say, 8 decades or so.

I think it's bed time, since it's almost 4 am here and I have church in the morning! Hoo boy.

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your free day went well even if it was not what you expected it to be:)

    ReplyDelete